Sunday, April 8, 2007

the last blog

This is my last blog, I really want to write something about the Leap Program and Calgary.

First of all, there is a really difficult question haunting me,” who is my favorite instructor?” I can not give a satisfing answer because I really love all my instructors, and they have their own outstanding personalities and gave me lots of knowledge about English study. In the writing and grammar class, Ms Pam taught me how to study English through feeling, which greatly changed my opinion on English study. In the reading class, Dr. Sengupta taught me the way of critical thinking in English, which is a challenging skill and a valuable key to open the gate of the academic English. In the listening and speaking class, Scott gave me lots of valuable knowledge of speaking and listening English and corrected greatly my pronunciation. In addition, in his class, I gained skill of managing time, which is very useful in my present life. I overcame a great deal of difficulties in my daily life with this skill recently. In a word, what I want to say is that thank you, all my instructors in the Leap Program, for your kindness and I will benefit from your knowledge in a long term.

In the Leap Program, I have many admirable classmates, including Hussain, Mohammad, Gerard, Loreta, Betsy, EstellaJ, Yulia, Nikolay, Carlos, Amy, Nick, Leslie, Alif, Jennifer, Rachel, Becky, Sang Min, June, Kevin, Ted, Rayna, Edward, Sabrina, Kenneth, Bob, Serenity and Yichen. I really appreciate this opportunity of cooperating with all of you. This experience has become an invincible part of my life. I will miss you guys.

There are still lots of interesting activities, including attending lecture, pizza party, speaking journal, presentation, debate, quiz, mid-term test, and the up coming final test. All these activities are unforgettable for me, a new comer who received a different kind of education in a foreign country. In addition, all these activities are valuable for me to improve my English.

Moreover, I want to write something about my feeling of this city. Before I came here, I had been to other foreign cities, including Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland, Paris, Barcelona, Milan, Gannes, Nice and so on. I like the feeling as a traveler in a foreign city, Living in a foreign city for several days, visiting local libraries and museums. Especially, having a delicious seafood dinner with a foreign colleague in the restaurant located on the beautiful coast of Nice. In contrast, I am enjoying a very different life style in Calgary. In the past three months, my life was filled with class, assignments, and part time job. In addition, I have to finish some design projects in China and contact with my Chinese colleagues in night. Actually, I also love this kind of life, which let me get a great improvement in English.

7 comments:

Edward said...

It has been an honoured to have you as a classmate Steven, and I hope we could have our golf game some day.
Talking about your blog. Can you show me some pictures of your last trip? I have always wondered how is Australia.

Scott Douglas said...

It sounds like you have had quite the experience in the LEAP program. It was a pleasure having you in class.

SabRina said...

thank you for you coming to my blog, and actually i really interested in cars, and also i will buy a new car soon....i know that if people don't have car and live far away from university that's really make people feel uncomfortable even though my boyfriend have a car....i need to buy one...i will introduce my car on my next post in addition i will introduce my boyfriend's car. Hope these information can help you!

serenity said...

I know you don't like leave LEAP program. It is really a wonderful memory in our study.I wish you have fun in the U of C.

Super Saiyan said...

What a clever way of having our names as links to our blogs :P Good luck with your graduate studies

Pam said...

You added lots of knowledge, wisdom and...very interesting questions. Thanks Steve.

anna said...

Hi Steven,
You are a very interesting person. As soon as your English starts correlate with your talant as an architect you will manage to persuade people that your ideas in architectural design are the best. Good luck!
Yulia.