Monday, March 5, 2007

after the Spring Festival

Almost all of my Chinese classmates complained that they are missing the Spring Festival in china, and the colorful activities in the Chinese Spring Festival, including the lion dance, dragon playing, Paohanchuan, firecrackers, cake, Dumplings, sumptuous meals and mutual blessings. Actually, we lost much happiness here forever, because we lost the context and environment in our country. Recently, I have been thinking about this topic. How can we do here to give our life more colourful activities in the Spring Festival? Or, how can we enjoy the life here? Maybe, all of our Chinese here should think through this topic. Although we couldn’t copy the custom in china, we could steal some useful Western wisdom and put them into our life. It’s a good idea to live harmoniously with the local residences and study from them. The life will go ahead and we need moderate the way of life frequently according to the environment. I think that is the essential part of our Chinese traditional culture.

In the next year, I hope I can get a totally new Spring Festival here.

7 comments:

Kevin.L said...

T-T...I miss my family..I want spend time with them in Spring Festival...T-T

Kenneth said...

You know, We, anyway, had make the decision (come to Canada) before we packed our lauguage in our back home. It is true that the life in Canada will never be the same by compare with our sweet backhome. However, We are living in Canada now. We should really step up and think about WE SHOULD BE DONE BETTER in order to make our life in Canada become meaningful. I havw been in Canada for three years. I totally understand what you are thinking and deal with. On the bright side, We can afford our living, studying and have a little bit entertainment... It is not the end of the World. I believe that things will get better someday and somehow if we try our best. Let make yourself alter the enviornmet, not make it affect you. I do think we will have a wonderful future..

Scott Douglas said...

It would be wonderful if you could recreate more of your cultural traditions here in Canada. I wonder if Spring Festival is better in Vancouver or Toronto where there are more immigrants . . . maybe it is just Calgary that is lacking.

Nikolay said...

these sounds are interesting about the spring festival.
By the way in Russia there are spring festival too

Steven said...

really? can you tell me its date?

SangMin said...

Spring Festival... it sounds exciting to me.. I think not only Chinese people but Korean people also are boring in here... We need more exciting activities... you can create them...

SabRina said...

actually, i miss mt family and i would like spend a lot of time with them and go back china--my lovely hometown!