Saturday, March 31, 2007

What a wonderful party

On March 30, 2007, all the students and staff of the Leap program stayed together and enjoyed a pizza party. There was a great environment in this party, and I met many new friends of other classes there. We sat together and communicated freely while we ate pizza as our lunch. In our conversation, we chose our topic freely, including the social attitude of the same sex marriage; the possibility of finding a professional job in this city; teeth clean; and studying in the Leap program. Occasionally, the classroom was filled with loudly laugh emerged from each group.

It is a wonderful party, and it inspired my memory of other parties I attended in china. Chinese always like to provide luxury service for their guests in the luxury hotels, and there are lots of luxury foods and wine in nearly every party. The reason of this phenomenon is that Chinese want to show their ardor, which is really a drawback of Chinese traditional culture. Especially, there are still many Chinese who are suffering hungry. Moreover, I always felt tired after these parties. Compared with parties in china, this pizza party is my favorite. It was simple and economical, and you can communicate freely in a friendly environment.

2 comments:

Scott Douglas said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the party! I had a lot of fun serving pizza to the students :-)

Felice said...

I liked this party too! :) Hmm actually I should have been more hungry because I didnt use my third ticket for pizza! oops... :)