Friday, March 16, 2007

I was lost on campus again

Today, I went to the tri lab individually. Unfortunatly, I was lost on the way to the tri lab. It’s incredible that I was lost again on campus. I have finished 2 projects of campus planning in my homeland and am familiar with the planning of the campus in china. However, I was lost on campus for 3 times. After I got to the tri lab, I began to think through it. Why was I always lost on campus? Finally, I got the answer. The reason is that there is a great difference in the planning ideas between in china and here. In china, architects always emphasize the visual feeling in the space design, which lead to a series of legible spaces which can be easily orientate. Here, the architects focus on creating the comfortable spaces for the students. Students can enjoy the sunshine and the fresh air in these spaces. That is the reason why I was lost for 3 times on campus. I am disappointed for my mistakes, on the other hand, I am very happy that I got some interesting knowledge from my mistakes.

5 comments:

Nikolay said...

it is much worse when you are lost on a highway, especially when you going to be late. It happens to me last week

anna said...

Hi Steven,
I wonder if you are going to work her in Canada as an architector, would you change your philosohical approach toward planning space, or your customers will be from China

Super Saiyan said...

It is so funny to know that I am not the only one who gets lost! :P it is a matter of time . The more you are here the more famelier you will be with campus. I have always wondered what your major is, and finally I could know that you are an archeticture. I think that I will have many interesting conversations with you about archeticturing.

Scott Douglas said...

That's okay, I still get lost on campus sometimes . . . especially when I'm in the Engineering building!

Steven said...

Nikolay, I even got lost on campus before the reading mid term test, which made me late for that test.

Anna and Super Saiyan, what are your names in your blog or class? I want to work here in the architectural design firm for a whill. Of course, I will work as technologist at the beginning. You know, there are some firms, which have the projects from china. I am sure that my social net,experience and background in china will be valuable for them.